BEST FASHION STYLE OF NICKI MINAJ SO FAR
Minaj's influence extends beyond the confines of the music business. In fact, it could be said that her style, more than her music, has characterized the last ten years. Her appearance is as fearless as the lyrics she screams. In many respects, her career-related style development since 2010 parallels the cultural evolution of fashion. We,, therefore decided to compile her top 25 looks over the previous ten years in honor of her birthday. She is the finest, so get ready. Minaj's influence extends beyond the confines of the music business. It could be said that her style, more than her music, has characterized the last ten years.
Her appearance is as fearless as the lyrics she screams. In many respects, her career-related style development since 2010 parallels the cultural evolution of fashion. We, therefore decided to compile her top 10 looks over the previous ten years in honor of her birthday. She is the finest, so get ready.
1 Think of Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and, of course, our very own Nicki Minaj for examples of celebs who embraced camp in the mid-2010s before it became a Met Gala motif. Her attire for the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards epitomizes camp. The "Super Bass" video candidate donned a hand-stitched metal outfit from Amato Couture along with a ShojonoTomo surgical mask, channeling what she called "Harajuku Barbie," which had all of our heartbeats racing.
2. The Super Bowl has had its share of memorable fashion moments over the years, including Beyoncé's earth-shattering 2016 performance and Madonna's epic 2012 performance. Although M.I.A. and Minaj are both recognized as global giants, their performance of "Give Me All Your Luvin'" in 2012 set off a frenzy that will go down in history. Nobody could help but love Minaj at that precise moment if they were lying to her.
Image from zoro
3. True Barbz was aware of Minaj's beauty from the start, but the rest of the world was shocked when she appeared at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards wearing an understated black dress by Alexander McQueen and minimum makeup. The wig came off, and Minaj arrived ready to kill. In many ways, this red carpet-appearance changed both her career and her sense of style.
4 Given that Nicki Minaj can have an eccentric sense of style, you might be wondering why her outfit from when she performed at the 2014 BET Awards is included in this compilation. The answer is that no other look completely captures the crucial period in Minaj's career the way this one does. She performed songs from her album The Pinkprint at the time, highlighting the reasons she was one of the highest-paid female rappers of the era.
Image from wikipedia
5. Minaj didn't show up to perform at the 2015 Grammys. She was not only nominated for the songs "Anaconda" and "Bang Bang," but she also deserved recognition for arriving at the ceremony in a stunning black deep-V-neck fringed Tom Ford outfit. Talk about being completely new, even the shoes.
6. The MTV Video Music Awards are where everything happens, as I've said again and will again. While you may still be thinking back to the whole Kanye West/Beyoncé/Taylor Swift scandal, another significant cultural event that deserves a spot on your calendars is when Minaj won the Best Hip Hop Video award in 2015 for "Anaconda."
7. Minaj looks great in her full-length black harness gown by Jeremy Scott, even though she didn't quite hit the 2016 Met Gala subject of Manus x Machina: Fashion in an Age of Technology. Tweet at me all you want, but I stand by this outfit as evidence that Minaj has consistently taking fashion risks when it comes to red-carpet appearances.
Image from imb
8. Nicki Minaj's outfit for Tidal X's 2016 charitable event is as daring as they come, dispelling any qualms you might have had about her fearless approach to style. Who else could wear a bodysuit made of lace from Maison Margiela? Still awaiting an answer to that…
9. One of Minaj's most famous looks—dare I say, ever—was worn on the red carpet for the 2017 MTV Video Music Awards. The rapper, who was up for the "Side to Side" with Ariana Grande nomination, arrived dressed entirely in bubblegum-pink latex. Her long, half-rose-gold hair served as another stark reminder that she could care less about anything.
10. One couldn't help but shout seeing Minaj's outfit for Oscar de La Renta's S/S 17 presentation when browsed through more than a decade's worth of her fashion moments. Why, you inquire? Only because she arrived at fashion week in a fur coat that cost $19,000 from Oscar's F/W 17 ready-to-wear line. She looks icy in this coat, and I' wish there will be more snow only to watch her re-wear this precise ensemble.
Image from muzik.com
11. The 2018 Met Gala theme was the best, and Minaj's appearance was at its best. The idea of wonderful Bodies had something that was, well, wonderful. And while I went for the "bad guy" appearance by donning an Oscar de la Renta red and black sequin gown with a full train and a ruby-studded Tiffany's tiara, I have to admit that these are the heavenly looks that fashion girls dream of donning someday.
12. Finally, here is Minaj's most recent Met Gala ensemble. If anything, her appearance at the 2019 Met Gala Celebrating Camp: Notes on Fashion in a pink embroidered gown by Prabal Gurung has established Minaj's status as a style icon and an artist. New artists and trends will emerge, but Minaj will always stay in her own niche.
Are you a budding artist that need to showcase yourself to the world???